Arista Wealth Advisors, Ltd., an independent financial planning firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. Indeed, we require your specific permission before we will discuss your affairs with anyone external to the firm or to our authorized agents and subcontractors. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by Arista Wealth Advisors, Ltd.
We have never disclosed information to nonaffiliated third parties (such as brokerage firms, credit-card or insurance companies), except as permitted by law, or in carrying out the duties for which you retained us. We do not anticipate any change to this policy, and, in the unlikely event that we were to change it, we will contact you prior to such a change and give you the option to protect your data.
We use health and financial information that you give us to assist you in meeting your personal financial goals while guarding against any perceived or real infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information is as follows:
- We limit access to information to only those employees who have a business or professional reason for knowing it, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted or required by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf; with federal and state regulators, in the course of inspecting us may also have access to your data; and in cases where our firm needs to discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer.)
- We maintain a secure physical office and our computer network is protected by a security firewall to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, information about transactions between you and third parties, and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information (such as a brokerage firm,) we also require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
- Disclosure of private client information is an offense subjecting employees to termination.